Turtleneck sweaters are the perfect combination of coziness and chic. No doubt, they’re the unsung hero as a cold-weather staple. From the red carpet to the street style fashion, the turtlenecks pop up everywhere. However, turtlenecks are so powerful that you cannot hide them once worn. Therefore, it becomes imperative to have a solid styling approach. We’ve brainstormed 25 turtleneck outfit ideas to help you rock in this wardrobe essential. Scroll below to see how to wear this versatile piece.
- 1. With a Solid Tailored Long Zip-up Teddy Coat
- 2. With Jeans and Mid-Calf Chunky Boots
- 3. As an Officewear
- 4. Go Monochrome
- 5. With a Woolen Pencil Skirt
- 6. With a Blazer and a Skirt
- 7. With a Velvet Buttoned-Up Skirt and Leggings
- 8. With a Pleated Skirt and a Long Coat for Layering
- 9. With a Beret Hat and a Straight Pant
- 10. With a Plaid Skirt
- 11. With a Pair of Velvet Boots
- 12. With a Mini Leather Skirt
- 13. With a Long Plaid Coat
- 14. With a Quilted Puffer
- 15. As a Poncho
- 16. With Trousers
- 17. With a Denim Jacket
- 18. With a Cape Coat and a Long Plaid Skirt
- 19. Tie a Scarf
- 20. With a Long Skirt
- 21. With a Zip-up Vest and a Pair of Jeans
- 22. Define the Waistline with a Slim Belt
- 23. Mix Black and Grey
- 24. With a Pair of Ripped Jeans
- 25. With a Dungaree
1. With a Solid Tailored Long Zip-up Teddy Coat
2. With Jeans and Mid-Calf Chunky Boots
3. As an Officewear
Throw on a Double-breasted Tweed Jacket Over it. A classy and quick turtleneck outfit idea.
4. Go Monochrome
Black leather leggings and a black blazer.
5. With a Woolen Pencil Skirt
Turtleneck sweaters and a pencil skirt are a match made in heaven. This outfit is uncommon and thus can help you draw the attention of passers-by. You can wear it to attend both casual and formal events.
6. With a Blazer and a Skirt
Head to your office in this outfit to enjoy an absolutely professional look. The red color is creating a perfect contrast with black.
7. With a Velvet Buttoned-Up Skirt and Leggings
8. With a Pleated Skirt and a Long Coat for Layering
9. With a Beret Hat and a Straight Pant
10. With a Plaid Skirt
Find a sweeter way to wear turtleneck outfits. Pair them with a plaid miniskirt and tall boots.
11. With a Pair of Velvet Boots
Offset the preppy vibes of your turtleneck sweater with tall velvet boots. Add a feminine touch to your appeal with this turtleneck outfit idea.
12. With a Mini Leather Skirt
The options are endless for a mini leather skirt outfit. Wear your turtleneck sweaters with a leather skirt and a pair of knee-high boots. Or, you can pull off a blazer on it to up the fashion ante.
13. With a Long Plaid Coat
From Instagram feeds to the runway, plaid coats are everywhere. When the plaid coats are teamed up with turtleneck tops or sweaters, you’ll find your sophisticated work uniform.
14. With a Quilted Puffer
The quilted puffer has made its fashion comeback. Stay on the trend of the season and combat low temperatures by matching your favorite turtleneck dress with a quilted puffer jacket.
15. As a Poncho
Cozy ponchos are versatile staples. Shop for a poncho that has a turtleneck neckline so as to make the poncho as a stand-alone dress.
16. With Trousers
Get a street style look effortlessly with a cropped turtleneck sweater and a pair of well-tailored trousers. Finish off your outfit with a hands-free cross-body bag.
17. With a Denim Jacket
A denim jacket is a perfect layering piece for the winter. And, denim on denim is a DO. So, also wear your pair of jeans to keep things simple and sophisticated.
18. With a Cape Coat and a Long Plaid Skirt
A cape coat when worn with a turtleneck sweater creates an easy-to-emulate daytime look. It can add a dose of glamour to an average winter outfit.
19. Tie a Scarf
Scarves when knotted in stylish ways can be a great alternative to your average blazer. They can make any dress look chic and can add interest to the look.
20. With a Long Skirt
21. With a Zip-up Vest and a Pair of Jeans
A zip-up vest on a turtleneck sweater is cool and classic. Complete the look with a pair of jeans and sneakers.
22. Define the Waistline with a Slim Belt
23. Mix Black and Grey
24. With a Pair of Ripped Jeans
Ripped jeans are extremely fashionable. If you don’t have one, learn how to make ripped jeans at home.
25. With a Dungaree