Winter is already becoming tough upon us. But, that doesn’t mean we can sit at home idle and enjoy this frosty weather. Whether you work in a corporate setting or in a creative ambiance, finding the right winter work outfits is the key.
No doubt, the day-to-day looks at work are changing rapidly. Thus, you’ve to nail down layering and choose the clothes and colors carefully to stay up-to-date with the latest trends. To build your ideal officewear collection, you can follow the street style stars and add some seasonal staples to those to give interesting twists to the already-seen-and-worn dresses for the office.
Getting excited? It’s obvious. Inspired by a fresh batch of cold weather work outfits, we’ve rounded up some cozy and cute dress ideas to keep you toasty warm and to spruce up your most tired looks.
- What Should You Wear to Your First Day of Work in Winter?
- How Do You Dress Business Casual in Cold Weather?
- 1. Crisp Button Down Shirt + Jeans + Well-tailored Cropped Blazer
- 2. Spaghetti Strap Top + Blazer + Pants
- 3. A Sweater + Check-printed Ankle-length Trouser + Heels
- 4. Cami Top + Pleated Skirt + Blazer
- 5. A Long Pencil Skirt + Sweater + Ankle Boots
- 6. A Cropped Sweater + Big Woolen Scarf + Skinny Jeans
- 7. A Chunky Sweater + Leather Leggings
- 8. Cape Poncho + Scarf + Jeans
- How Do You Dress Business Formal in Winter?
- Rules for Winter Work Outfits
What Should You Wear to Your First Day of Work in Winter?
Well-tailored and neat, wear a dress that creates a first good impression, as a responsible new employee. As this will be your first day and that too happened in winter, embrace layers. Instead of choosing a colorful layer, go for solid or neutral colors. For instance, a white coat and a pair of black jeans will make you all set. Similarly, the combination of a dark green pencil skirt and a navy woolen blazer can also make you style-savvy.
How Do You Dress Business Casual in Cold Weather?
According to Connecteam.Com, the business casual dress code includes skirts, jackets, sweaters, blouses, dress slacks, and closed-toe shoes. Here’re some ideas for winter casual wear for the office.
1. Crisp Button Down Shirt + Jeans + Well-tailored Cropped Blazer
2. Spaghetti Strap Top + Blazer + Pants
3. A Sweater + Check-printed Ankle-length Trouser + Heels
4. Cami Top + Pleated Skirt + Blazer
5. A Long Pencil Skirt + Sweater + Ankle Boots
6. A Cropped Sweater + Big Woolen Scarf + Skinny Jeans
7. A Chunky Sweater + Leather Leggings
8. Cape Poncho + Scarf + Jeans
How Do You Dress Business Formal in Winter?
According to Balance Careers, a formal business environment requires you to maintain a professional image. Here, modesty is key. Dress in a way that it will make you look like a team member. Straight-cut pants, a business suit, button-down shirts, blazers, long coats, are mainly acceptable as winter formal wear for the office. Look at the images to get some ideas.
9. A Top + Blazer + Trouser
10. A Shirt + Sweater + Well-fitted Trouser
11. A Dress + A Long Coat
12. A Sweater + Tube Skirt + Tights
13. A Woolen Vest + Black Turtleneck Sweater
14. A Business Suit
15. A Knitted Sweater + Front Wrap Skirt
16. A Sweater/ Top + Plaid Pant + Long Coat
Rules for Winter Work Outfits
1. Clever layering is vital. Choose not-so-thick fabric for layering. Otherwise, you’ll end up looking like a fatso.
2. Stash the offending footwear. Opt for boots that are office appropriate and it will keep you look smart enough.
3. Don’t always stick to black and white. Berry, grey, army green, light pink, beige, and navy blue shades are also flattering.